Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

Here's what I just bought...

Centrance DACport. But DO NOT buy it from the manufacture or you will pay $300 total ($250 plus $50 shipping).

One day after I purchased it from CEntrance direct I got my MusicDirect catalog in the mail which lists it at $225 plus FREE SHIPPING!

:-(

That said, it does drive the HD-600 very well indeed. In the past I've had to move to a low impedance headphone like the ByerDynamic 770 Pro 32 Ohm when listening with a USB powered DAC/Headphone amp combination.

Not so with the CEntrance for some reason.

One thing to note, when listening for extended periods with the HD-600 both the CEntrance DACport and the laptop get just a bit warm and sometimes the fan on my MacBook Air actually turns on! That's something rare with the MacBook Air in normal use except when viewing movies or running complex programs like games.

Sound?

VERY good. Quite a few steps up from the AudioEngine D1 and close enough to the level of the Marantz NA-7004 that I no longer am thinking of bringing it back into the office where I do most of my listening during the day.

First they came for the dumb-asses
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a dumb-ass

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Here's what I just bought... - Ivan303 09:33:59 01/14/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.