Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

Fostex headphone and Tube/mosfet class A headphone amp UPDATE!

just an update as to how my upgrades and mods have gone so far. As for the Tube/Mosfet Class A headphone amp the Caps upgrade has turned out very nice good bass and that Tube liquid mid range with nice high end. just listen for hours now.

The Fostex headphone Mod with replacing the ear cushions to Shure 840 per Thorsten's recommendations has worked out nicely. Next I will build my own headphone cables to make this even better sounding. After the cable upgrade I plan on doing some more mods to the headphones (removing the cloth over the drivers (not the closth on the Shure 840's) and plugging up the vents) but as of right now I could live happily with what i have done so far! can't even imagine how these headphones with sound after those other mods.

One thing I'm considering is placing the headphone amp in a nice vented chassis and upgrading the RCA, power, headphone output connectors. I will also install a TKD volume pot. This should really make this headphone amp even better with better detailed information than before.
I'm using a 24Vdc switching power supply that our company makes and it sounds very good and quiet but wanted to try a linear power supply with Plitron Torodial or an Edcor transformer. but this will be the very last Mod if at all.

Thanks

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Fostex headphone and Tube/mosfet class A headphone amp UPDATE! - Cougar 13:07:15 11/15/13 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.