Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

Good Stuff!

Thorsten,
Thank You for all the info and advice. I really appreciate it.

I did fogot to mention my post that I had already ordered the Shure 840 earpads, so they are on their way. I was thinking the same thing about making the earpads more puffy. Thanks for the info on the paper towel stuffing. I will give this a try.

The wire and plug are going to go, I was looking at that as soon as I opened up the package. so I will make my own 4 wire braided cable with nicer plugs.

I just wanted to get more out of the Tube/mosfet headphone amp first which those simple cap upgrades did make a huge differenece already and the unit hasn't even hit 24 hours of break-in on the new caps yet.

I wanted to see what the Shure ear pads would do first and then I wanted to tape and stuff the cups. just not sure what type of molding clay to use. Is this the clay that dry's in time or something else that will stay soft for damping purposes?

I was going to do the stuffing and taping of the cup vents last just to see what I get with just the earpads with the stuffing technique and wire upgrades.

The link you provided has a lot good info and tips so I should be able to have these sounding great in no time! Just can't believe how much more better this will get from what I'm hearing already.

Thank you again!

Cougar

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.