Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

What jack is this? What adaptor do I need?

I'm not well-versed in audio. I joined this board to ask this question.

I bought a cheap Chinese hearing aid device from China for my elderly mother, and it's actually pretty effective for her needs except that the single ear bud that came with it falls out of her ear and it's hard for her to manage.

I would like to replace it with another headphone that is more stable on her ear or her head, but I don't know what to buy or what adaptor would be needed. Also, if the ear bud I have fails, we would be out of luck.

It seems to take a 2.5 mm male, but when I bought a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adaptor, I only got the faintest bit of sound.

Here is a slightly blurry photo of the male plug that corresponds to the jack I need to plug into.

It appears to have four sections along the pole, including the tip. It only serves a single earbud.

I would like to be able to find an adapter to plug into the jack so that I could get sound in a standard 3.5mm earphone that serves at least one ear. Mono sound in both ears or just in one ear would be fine. My mother is profoundly deaf in one ear and would be using this mostly with her "good" ear.

Maybe someone can tell me whatit is I have, and what I need.

Thanks.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Topic - What jack is this? What adaptor do I need? - cragarrows@gmail.com 15:10:15 10/21/13 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.