Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: Bryston BHA1: anyone seen or heard one yet? *

Yes, the Bryston BHA-1 one of the best balanced Solid-State head amp you can get ($1400). Slim profile with a clean look. Musical mid-range with plenty of inner details, great bass control and plenty of power to drive most of today's headphones very loud--but not the loudest level with the Hifiman HE-6

For comparison: at about half the price, the single-ended Vioelectric V200 ($850) has a smoother mid-range but slightly less power. The Schiiit Mjolnir is more exciting (at a mere $750) but limited to balanced output only and is more fatiguing in long listening sessions.

The balanced tube-hybrid Red Wine Audio Corvina (now replaced by the Cassabria) is the real competitor to the Bryston BHA-1 in terms of sonic quality and price ($1500). You get a very quiet (black?) background, liquid but still very detailed sound and just a smidgeon less bass impact than the BHA-1.

I use the Bryston BHA-1 with the LCD3 and the RWA Corvina with the HD800.

I hope this helps.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Bryston BHA1: anyone seen or heard one yet? * - Justin_Time 06:23:12 02/23/13 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.