Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

I can only speak for myself...

I work as a paralegal, have my own office, and can wear headphones pretty much all day if I choose to do so. Of course, I'm periodically removing them to answer the phone, converse with co-workers, etcetera, but once those things are done, headphones can go right back on.

Sometimes I go this route, but normally I opt for the desktop speakers, as I oftentimes get tired of removing the headphones or IEMs on a regular basis. But I have that option now. My previous job, zero music time unless it was very, very quiet as background only.

I think over on head-fi the folks asking for recommendations are looking to get a quality audio headphone rig at their offices so as not to bother their co-worker. I doubt their surfing the net all day long listening to music on their employer's dime.

And I disagree 100% with previous posters about the community at large over at head-fi. I think for the most part they're an energetic group of audiophiles who are excited about their equipment and music and share that excitement with others. Granted, a few are total boneheads. But we've got those here, too, no?

"Man, that mouse is Awesome." - Kaemon (referring to Jerry, of Tom and Jerry fame)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I can only speak for myself... - AudioDwebe 10:17:24 08/26/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.