Home Events Asylum

A Guide to upcoming shows, club meetings and other can't miss events!

CENTRAL FEST info

Vinyl lovers unite!

It's only six weeks till

When
Sunday, Sept. 6, 2009 (Labor Day weekend) - noon till ??
It's the same weekend as the Chicago Jazz Festival, which some of us may attend on Saturday. It's easy to get to by commuter train (recommended) or car.

Where
My house, Barrington, Illinois (NW Chicago suburb) - address and directions gladly provided upon request

What
Food, drinks, fun, silliness, and music with friends old and new. The fourth annual! Spouses/SOs welcome!

What's cooking
Several kinds of excellent sausage, including Andouille, Santa Fe chicken, Polish, California Linguisa, Hungarian, etc. on the grill, ranging from mild to spicy
Numerous side dishes, salads, and desserts, depending on what people bring
Water and soft drinks provided; beer, wine, single malt, etc. is BYOB and share

Music throughout the day and evening - bring records and CDs to play

Free for out of towners; locals are asked to bring a dish (salad, side, dessert) to pass.

I don't know for sure who all's coming, but folks from the local area and across the country have expressed interest, so it'll be interesting.

If you're even thinking of coming (And why wouldn't you? People have entirely too much fun at these things!), please let me know and I'll email you details as the date approaches.

Where to stay
Hampton Inn Deer Park is suggested - it's brand new, opening August 5th, and only $69 a night. The Days Inn here in Barrington should also be available, and there are quite a few other hotels in the area.

Questions? Email me (brian-at-essentialaudio.com) or call me, 847-382-8433.
Brian Walsh

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - CENTRAL FEST info - Brian Walsh 10:26:41 07/24/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.