Home Dynaco-Doctor Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: PAS-3 hum (I know, I know)

That would take more work. The procedure I described should be less work and is consistent with developments in the PAS manual over time that may have been to address this very problem. But, if you want to run the ground wires to 8, it's certainly worth trying.

Eyelets 1 and 8 are on the same circuit trace - they are the same point, electrically. One issue Bill was raising was the thinness of the trace and the distance the different wires and other parts are from each other on that trace (depending on whether they are connected closer to 1 or to 8). If I understood him correctly, I believe this is what he was attributing the hum imbalance to.

The old PAS manual had a ground wire from the quad section capacitor going to eyelet 8 but in the later manual this wire was moved to eyelet 1. Of course, which way ends up working better for you may need some experimenting.

Edits: 01/17/17 01/17/17 01/17/17 01/17/17 01/17/17 01/17/17 01/17/17 01/18/17 01/18/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: PAS-3 hum (I know, I know) - petercapo 20:21:57 01/17/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.