Home Dynaco-Doctor Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

New (to me) Dynaco gear

Hi all,

New member and thought I would introduce myself, as I will likely be looking for some help and advice in the next few months.

I was given a Dynaco PAT-4 pre-amp over the summer and just got around to checking it out. One channel (left) is out, and all the pots are scratchy. Also missing the selector knob so need to source that. Otherwise it looks in good shape on the exterior, and knowing the original owner it was well looked after when in use.

To accompany it I picked up a Dynaco ST-120 amp on eBay for next to nothing, but cosmetically it is rough. Apparently it works, but I won't power it up until I have had a chance to look it over internally. I do know that the heat sinks are not standard, and who knows what other well intentioned mods were done. Pic attached.

Anyway, these will be my winter projects. Not looking to spend a lot of bucks on them, trying every tweak to improve the sound. My goal is to get them working and sounding nice, in close to stock configuration.

My main source will be an 1969 AR XA turntable that was given to me, and also I need of work, mostly cosmetic.

Shaun
Georgetown ON

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - New (to me) Dynaco gear - Shaunlav 17:36:26 11/26/15 (4)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.