Home Dynaco-Doctor Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Fuse for PAS-2 Transformer Replacement

I intend to replace the aged PA211 transformer of my PAS-2 dynaco pre-amp with a new one and would like to take the opportunity to mount it on the outside of the rear panel, hopefully to minimize hum and allow more cool air. I have come across some forum threads that a fuse could be put in place at the same time as a safety measure for the circuit. As I'm not good at electronics and circuitry (only capable of soldering and assembling PCB boards), I would appreciate if anyone could walk me through the way to connect the fuse. What kind of fuse and what wattage is required? Is the fuse going to be between the 120V inputs or other outputs? On the other hand, I've replaced the selenium rectifier and the multi cap with a multi cap board that has a fuse. With this fuse in place, is it still necessary to have another fuse for the transformer? Thanks in advance of any advices.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Topic - Fuse for PAS-2 Transformer Replacement - patknk939 15:52:48 05/09/15 (7)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.