Home Dynaco-Doctor Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

VTA ST70 Bob Latino tubes4hifi

I just had the pleasure building Bob Latino's VTA ST70 kit, so much fun! The instructions were really great, had no problems except for misplacing the hardware kit bag for the driver board! I found it under a plastic bag, I was back in business.

I went through the primalary check out and all was well, setting the bias pots requires all the output tubes be in place, I am running KT88's, the bias pots for the left and right channels tend to effect each other so a little back and forth the bias falls into place.

One of the upgrades I went with was the step anttenuator , it is high quality and can be adjusted while the amp is on with no noise at all. The advantage of having this feature for me is if my preamp fails I can still use my tuner or CD player directly through the ST70 with no down time.

I was using a Mac MC225 to drive my Klipsch K horns using a Mac C11 Pre amp, when I replaced the 225 with the ST70 what a difference, better dynamic range and punch! So my Mac 225 is going on the auction block, I can't believe how good the ST70 is and my hat is off
to Bob Latino for coming up with such a superb kit that is so easy to build. I do recommend anyone building this kit invest in a good solder station with temp control, you will have a lot of fun.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - VTA ST70 Bob Latino tubes4hifi - Girinti 17:12:48 08/21/14 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.