Home Dynaco-Doctor Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

Stereo 70 project - photos

Finished this last summer and have been running it for a few hours a day, almost daily. Original Dynaco circuit topology with some enhancements: Triode USA cap board, Cree Z-Rec SiC Schottky diode for the bias supply, several parts from Dynakitparts including the independent biasing for each output tube for which I obtained four mil-spec pots, a few "boutique" parts here and there, and a star ground. In an effort to keep vibration down, I used double isolation mounts for the PT. Also, the PC board is shock-mounted on soft rubber O-rings, but who knows whether it makes any difference. Kept extra length on many of the leads to allow for possible future rework.

So far it's been stable - just rechecked the internal voltages and they're the same as they were last summer. Sounds real good; "comfortable" is a good way to describe how it sounds. Depending on the output tubes used, I don't feel like I am missing any top end, the bass seems reasonably well controlled, there's plenty of detail and natural timbre. Have tried JJ E34L, EH EL34, JJ KT77 and GL KT77. GL KT77 wins hands-down, but the price is too high.

Edits: 01/29/14 01/30/14

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - Stereo 70 project - photos - petercapo 16:35:29 01/28/14 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.