Home Dynaco-Doctor Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Too much bass in my PAS3-X

A few thoughts come to mind.

First, how did you disconnect the loudness control? The 0.1uf capacitor should be completely gone, correct? Though, you can still keep the 4.7k resistors from the loudness taps on the volume control to ground.

Second, I am wondering about how your PAS is interacting with the Sansui integrated. Do you have another power amp, like a Stereo 70, that you can try?

I assume the Sansui has pre-out/main-in jumpers that you can disconnect so that you can run the PAS direct into the power amp section? Or, are you running the output of the PAS into one of the high level preamp inputs on the Sansui? Where are the tone controls and loudness control set on the Sansui? If you are running the PAS directly into the Sansui’s main-in (power amp section), then I would think you’d have too little bass, not too much.

Finally, you mentioned that you removed the PAS' tone controls. If the tone controls were not completely removed, it might be the cause of the excess bass. IMO, the output of the PAS with tone controls properly removed should look like this:

Edits: 09/22/13 09/22/13 09/22/13 09/22/13

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Too much bass in my PAS3-X - petercapo 11:32:47 09/22/13 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.