Home Dynaco-Doctor Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: help with Dynaco Pas line stage circuit check

This is what I'm using now, I removed the original .02uf blocking cap and replaced it with the .33uf cap, so now there is only one cap on the output. I'm getting 0.6vdc on the RCA's so I guess I need that second cap after the feedback loop. Replacing the original cap with an Audyn Q4 gave a pretty good step up in clarity, not sure whether its because there is only on cap on the out , but more likely its because I replaced a 50 year old black cat cap with a modern one.I think it will sound even better when I rebuild this with all modern components. All through this I am still getting little pops and clicks through the speakers when other appliances turn on and off in the house, and a much louder crack when I turn off the power amp. Maybe its just circuit design. At the speaker terminals on my power amp I am getting essentially 0vdc, though it fluctuates a little at around 0.1-0.3mv then back down to zero briefly.Maybe my meter cant read the voltage correctly as it so low?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: help with Dynaco Pas line stage circuit check - gdlen1@yahoo.co.nz 01:26:57 05/05/13 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.