Home Dynaco-Doctor Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: help with Dynaco Pas line stage circuit check

Whenever I did a mod to the Dynaco Pas anything I always got rid of the stock board and went with one of the mod boards(not that there are that many). That got rid of all the tone controls and everything in the circuit that isn't needed.

Your preamp should consist only of the RCA input to the grid with a resistor to ground(your volume control is just that), a load resistor on the plate(470K), coming off the plate of the first half of the tube a coupling cap going into the grid of the second half of the tube(.02UF) with a resistor to ground off the grid(1.2M), plate load resistor on the second half of the tube(100K), with a coupling cap coming from the plate of the second half of the tube to the RCA outs(.02UF). Off the RCA out there is a 510K resistor to ground. and along with all that there are resistors to ground coming off the first half(4.7K) and second half cathodes(1K) to ground.

All the other stuff is totally eliminated but in that board they may have to be bypassed with a wire.

That is the simplest design which many have resorted to. As for what to do with the existing stock board I can't say but I would go back and follow the Curcio instructions right to the letter. And yes, there should be no DC voltage on the RCA outputs. That is what any cap cap does. Lets AC pass and blocks DC.

Hope this helps!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.