Home Dynaco-Doctor Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Was: Re: PAS Transformer Replacement

I would assume Joe or Bill would know the actual specs. You could contact Roy Mottran from Tubes4hifi.com, Triode Electronics, or Van Alstine. These are the guys that have been doing Dynaco forever.

I know Dynaco works on the cheap and unless there is something wrong with the math in calculating the full current draw I can't imagine Dynaco putting out a product that is destined to fail. Even on the cheap.

You do realize that the 12AX7's are in series in both the linestage and the phono sections. What does that do to the current draw in each section? Then they are paralleled back together. When doing th math along with adding in the 6x4 I get 1.2A current draw. So if the power tranny filament is only rated at 800MA you are way over spec.

In looking at the tube specs the 12X4 is only drawing 300MA(.3A). It seems that when adding up the current draw using a 12X4 then that is a much closer match to a 800MA filament winding.

Could all this have something to do with the voltage doubler? I know the doubler is not used for the rectifier.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.