Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

RE: Unfreakin' believeable ... (preaching to the choir)

I had a Denon 2900 that was also a big POS (I'm sure my post are still on the forumn somewhere about this). Right now my brother has it and it still plays RBCD Ok but started skipping and freezing on DVD-A and SACD about a minute after the warranty period expired. The real pisser is that I hardly used it at all, most using a separate Transport-D/A to play my RBCD. If the Denon had more than 40 hours on it before it started failing I'd be surprised. Needless to say, no more Denon for me. I purchased an new Oppo DV-980H for $169.00 a few years ago and it and still plays every DVD-A and SACD just fine to this day. I wasn't going to spend big bucks on another player that might crap out after a year. I will admit that the Denon, when it worked, did sound a little better than the Oppo but for 7 times the price I would expect that. Well, wanting a little more quality than the Oppo I went online and scored a really nice condition Pioneer DV-59i player that sounds great and hasn't failed to play any of my DVD-A or SACD's since I bought it 6 months ago. The Pioneer set me back $145.00 ($125.00 plus $20.00 UPS) and I still see them in this range on e-bay. I would recommend you take a look at one and just make sure the e-bay seller offers a 7 day money back guarantee (I see that many do). I think most of these players are coming up for sale as their owners update to BluRay.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Unfreakin' believeable ... (preaching to the choir) - jbufka2 20:19:28 06/23/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.