Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

RE: Yes, I'd be interested in some of the "rugular music" ...

Can you name some specific artists you like so I'd have an idea? It will be hard to beat (or even match) AIX for overall sonic quality. I shouldn't have inferred it's not "normal" music lol, it's probably perfectly normal for here. Just a little niche, more audiophile. I almost never like "audiophile music", certainly don't choose to listen to it...good for demo though, as just about all audiophiles know it at least, and that's what you want when demoing gear etc. (even I do).

There is a lot of recycled crap on DVD-A. Lots of the DVD-As that I think have great sonics are very expensive now. Strangely (maybe not??) they are often recordings done in the 70s (really good analog gear by then, and skilled operators).

At the moment, King Crimson, Porcupine Tree, Neil Young, for example, all have DVD-As of decent quality that aren't ridiculously expensive. They are not AIX level, and I would say not "demo" level, but I like listening to them and they do sound good. If you can stand the Steely Dan/Fagen thing, then I have to agree they are extremely well done, audiophiles like them, so do lots of hot women lol, so may be worth getting just for that...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Yes, I'd be interested in some of the "rugular music" ... - cfraser 19:01:50 04/17/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.