Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

RE: different opinion

I agree with your observations on the 2 channel stereo layer: very tight and very clean w/ seemingly less highs than previously-released CD's. After a few listenings I'd rephrase my description of the highs on the new DVD-A ---- it's not that they've been reduced, but that they are now less immediate and more organic sounding. Personally I welcome this version of the treble notes as I've found many of the Rush CD's to sound brittle and harsh in the high end.

Wile the highs on the new DVD-A aren't as immediate as previously-released CD's, the overall sound is not muffled, or flat, or bass heavy. Sure, there's plenty of low end (and it seems to have been tightened up) but it's well-balanced with the mid's and high's. I did find the stereo layer to have a lower volume than I was expecting, and I had to crank up my amp a little to get to my usual listening level. Perhaps this volume issue contributes to the perception of a reduction in highs?

Nice sound on this one and very glad to see a new hi-rez release....

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.