Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

RE: How many DVD-A have bad Mastering?

Yes they did

Its one of those large rectangular cases

I don't think it would be practical to have lower res sample rates for surrounds because you would have to have multiple clock sources for playback, and would probably be more expensive and cause other technical challenges.

FWIW
I did a stereo Crash down of my surround tracks. Its much more Airy and less in your face than the maximized 96khz stereo master.

I think its strange that they would let the stereo version get so smashed, Steely Dan Gaucho is probably one of the most heavily produced albums in history. Although I would say its well produced and a lot of attention to clarity and details went into the production.

I wonder if its record company pressure to release louder sounding albums??

All this maximizing crap started in the early mid 90's with the first DAW's. I think its because people where able to look at the songs wave form in its entirety and say hey look that on peak is limiting our volume. Lets sacrifice it and we can make the mix louder.

And it snowballed. If we shave off all of the snare hits we can make everything else louder.

Then we arrive at Metallica's Magnetic Vagina album.

Its such a god awful noise fest...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.