Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

RE: How many DVD-A have bad Mastering?

from what ive read dvd should not have clipping added to it. lp is the best then dvd then cd.Ive read a lot about this and started buying 80 to 90s cds only those 10 yrs for clipping comparisons.the same group recorded later sounds like crap.all I can do is hear the louder recording play them back at same volume the louder one sounds distorted. the voice sounds the same but everything else sounds like crap. the old disc played loud sounds good.

I found the new gnr that used the same less clipping that was used in the 80s. appitite for distruction was made in 1990 was hot then. & thats were the newer discs start at. what a shame.

I have not compared those two disc yet to see what is hotter. I have a lot of dvd audios & a lot of older cds. I dont know if I have the same cd for comparison. I should have at least one or 2.hopefully I can find some & post the difference. I would think If its a newer dvd a & cd they both should sound like crap?. the older ones sound better.

I could try alanis morisettete 1995 jagged little pill cd that I thought soundd great to the newer dvd audio under rug swept. the reviewer said the voice was different sounding. from the dvda danmark site. I would like to play that again to hear what he was talking about. if you play it more than once it sounds ok.

I use to play it & did not notice what he was talking about but didnt know about his review at the time
dts-cds dvd-audio &mch sacds & blu-ray concerts & speaker amp sound system tweaks

Edits: 03/25/10

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.