Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: Have any new DVD-Audio discs been released this year? (nt)

AIX Records DVD-As are fantastic. I cannot recommend them highly enough! You will be stunned. I had about 12 DVD-As and all sounded pretty awful to me. Then I bought Beatles "Love" and it sounded better. Then I tried some AIX and they are just beyond belief. See my praise of them on www.avsforum.com. Click on "Audio Area" then on "Surround Sound Formats". You'll see the thread I started titled "AIX Records DVD-As are Fantanstic". Dr. Mark Waldrep puts the 96 kHz/24 bit hi-res sound on one side and video on the other, with slightly less fidelity (I cannot hear a difference). The video, now shot with hi-def cameras on later DVD-As, adds a LOT, in my opinion. Only one of the classicals has video, but all the non-classicals do. see www.aixrecords.com. You can order at 1-800-668-4249. They are in Los Angeles. They get them right out. I bought two, then ordered 5 more late on last Friday. They shipped on Monday and I had them in Fresno, Ca on Wednesday. You are in for a REAL treat with these. BTW, since the flip side has the video and the audio in very slightly lower res 5.1 audio, you don't need a DVD-Audio player to enjoy them. If you have a DVD player hooked to a good quality sound system, you'll love these. Try them and then, please, spread the word!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Have any new DVD-Audio discs been released this year? (nt) - fresno1232001 16:12:10 03/24/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.