Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: But again

But,I don't think the people who are satisfied with DVD-Video would be on a forum of this nature or on any other forum of this nature. These forums are exactly about achieving the best sound quality for the music you love. Yes, it is true the great masses of people who are primarily interested in movie watching in surround could care less. But (oh that word again) this isn't about video it is about audio. DVD-Audio uses the space available for quality audio and full motion video was never the point nor the intent. For my taste I could care less about video because again it is about audio. DVD-Video live concerts are perfectly fine to me because the issue is as much video (you want to see the performance)as it is audio (you also want to hear the performance). You attention is divided. My attention when listening to CDs, SACDs or DVD-Audio is the music and nothing else. Half the time when I have made the menu selection on the monitor I shut it off and just listen.

I don't have my head in the sand thinking SACD and DVD-Audio have been greatly successful formats but they give me hope for future high resolution audio. My hope is that the mechanism for HD-DVD and/or Blue Ray (I think Dolby's is called Dolby Plus and the DTS version) will eventually step outside of shear movie production and begin issuing Audio focused discs that should have the ability to have high quality if not HD video included.

Can you give me an example of difficult DVD-A menus. I have several of the early releases and other than the fact you have to use a video menu at all I have not experienced difficult menus.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.