Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: Weird audio group DVDA playback question

Originally, the various bits of content (multi-channel, stereo, bonus tracks, etc.) were separated into different Groups. Then somebody decided this was too confusing. Most of the newer discs put everything into the same Group, but on different Soundtracks. (The Soundtrack is how the different languages are stored on DVD-Video discs.)

All of the players handle things differently. I am most familiar with the Pioneer players. On the Pioneer, there is an "Audio" button on the remote that will scroll through the various soundtracks. The thing that sucks about this is that while the Group is displayed on the front panel, the Soundtrack is not. So you have to hook up a video monitor and then press the "Display" button on the remote to figure out where the hell you are.

(In case you didn't figure it out yet, DVD-A was designed by idiots. All they had to do was release music-only albums in 96/24 on DVD-Video. There was never a need for a new format, and they could have beaten SACD before it was born.)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.