Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: Of course YOU agree

You have already made it 100% clear that you are not interested in anything DVD-Audio has to offer beyond the music. However, this is a distinct forum from the Hi-rez Highway for more than one reason, because some are interested in richer media experience that is still oriented towards hi-rez audio.

That is what one of things that is special with DVD-Audio, that it can offer more than that. And next generation music albums can potentially offer even richer experiences. Video has been cited as the distinguihing difference, but why should future music releases not enhance an album with more than just static images if they are able?

I think the distinction is who is the target audience for a release, not what additional capabilities such a release might have. Should future generation albums restrict themselves from having a video component, creating a fuller multi-media experience to make such as you happy?

You have said in a recent post that you don't like dealing with menus and such (even though this is not necessarily a requirement for albums put together right), but that you deal with it because ultimately it is the music you are interested in. In that case, are you not interested in live performances with hi-rez audio obviously geared to discerning listeners? If you are interested in the music, as you say, then I don't see why the video component should annoy you more than the static video component included on DVD-A. It is still your choice to watch it or not.

DVD-A was designed from the get-go to offer a more multimedia experience than what is offered by traditional albums. New generation technologies expands on that capability.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.