Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Steve Stevens "DTS" / and DVD-A in general

Hey there,
Trying to get some different discussions going.....
Got the Steve Stevens Flemenco album recently, which I am quite impressed with. But the packaging is so confusing, that I'm not surprised at all that average listeners or even enthusiasts have not embraced the format.
First it is released by a DTS promoting company which really pushes DTS as surround sound. I had a hard time determining if it even had a true DVD-A content (basically it just shows a small logo). No specs on resolution in any of the formats, though. Apparently it also has Dolby Digital 5.1 and 2.0 also. It seems to me they should have come up with some quick reference standard terms to paste on an album for a person to glance at and understand. My wife wont even try to play any DVD-A's because I have so thoroughly confused her (and I just tried to have her play it like a standard DVD).

As a side topic, how are the different formats stored on the disc? I suppose the dolby's are together, but what about DTS and DVD-A?

Bye,

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Steve Stevens "DTS" / and DVD-A in general - MarcuSS 10:36:13 01/12/07 (11)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.