Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

DVD-A burning update

The Discwelder chromeII works really well. It is very easy to use. So far my buring has been in the 2 channel mode but i hope to render some multitrack source material in the near future and try 4.1 (quad style) and 5.1 (surround)

Rendering times with 24/192K make it hardly worth the effort to go to 192K but since i am working from analogue source material (original recordings/self produced) i thought it was worth the effort.

At 24/192K, i get slightly over 1 hour on a standard dvd disc and the method that i am using makes these unplayable in anything other than a dvd-a player or computer set-up for dvd-a.

Later in the week i will do some 24/96K and some 24/48 and compare. The sound quality seems very very close to the original except the ultra high frequencies (that i can hear) seem to be boosted ever so slightly. This could be caused by the dvd-a player (panasonic) imho.

What i like especially about the dvd-a format is that i can make my own dvd-a's without having to use anyone else (sacd forces you to use a manufacturing plant) and for that purpose alone, the rather expensive cost of the software seems very well worth the price of admission. (how many sacd's could i get made for $3000?, not very many) I plan on archiving most of my analogue tapes to dvd-a and hard drive and this is the whole reason behind it...better than cd quality sound possible. (at least it seems to have better overall fidelity to me)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - DVD-A burning update - ontrack2@gmail.com 01:26:46 01/07/07 (3)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.