Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

I have it - it's a CD. (a wonderful album too)

Mastered by Bob Ludwig at Gateway Mastering Studios. Fantastic sound. This is one of the best CDs I've bought this year.

On the back it says "Enhanced CD will play on all CD players", then under that it has the logo for "Enhanced CD" and for "Advanced Resolution". There is also a "Dolby Digital" logo.

You can look up "Enhanced CD" on Google - you'll probably see the wiki entry. You probably know the story. When you put the CD into a PC it cranks a Macromedia Projector application. I don't see that this does anything but send your browser to Quinlan Road (Loreena's web site). This stuff takes up 8MB.

Inside there are instructions on Enhanced CD, but no mention of "Advanced Resolution".

I am unable to find any links to "Advanced Resolution" that don't relate to DVD-Audio. So I'm unable to add any insight as to why this appears.

If you are an optimist, you may think that this favours a possible DVD-Audio release down the track.

(If you plan to buy it, Barnes and Noble have a special edition of this work that includes an extra CD with just one 6 minute song. )

Regards,
Geoff

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.