Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: You put down one of the main advantages of DVD-Audio

I also have an issue with it being necessary (and I emphasize NECESSARY) to turn the tv on, I agree it should be optional. HOWEVER, many of the newer releases on DVD-Audio will automatically start playback of the music using the settings of choice, it is unfortunate that many (but not all) of the earlier releases did not do the same, however I feel that they have learned from that mistake and hopefully will apply it in the future.

However, when you want interactivity, or want to access additional features, then the menus are indispensable. This is an important part of DVD-Audio, without that there is no need for DVD-Audio over SACD, for example. So my comment stands, speaking out against the capability to offer interactivity and also preferring the format die rather than allowing those who interested to follow where the technology goes, shows that you are not interested in what this technology has to offer, hence my earlier comment in this thread.

I am not saying you shouldn't read the forum, since I understand that you, like me, are interested in the hi-rez music experience no matter what the source, which is as it should be. However, since you are not really interested in the additional capabilities that DVD-Audio offers over traditional playback mechanisms, such as offered by SACD, this leads me to question why you feel it necessary to argue against allowing others to discuss these technology directions?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.