Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

You really missed the mark, Doc.

Let's start with the first quote of mine that you reference: The fact that I find the video menu completely ridiculous has absolutely nothing to do with whether I am for or against the quality of audio I get from my many DVD-A discs. I dislike the requirement for a screen of any trype to be part of my AUDIO system. I keep audio and video separate, which is my prerogative. I am certainly allowed to dislike something that challenges my enjoyment.

Regarding the second quote with which you seem to have an issue: I was referring to the Forum dying from lack of interest, not the format. I believe that was extremely clear.

Your accusation that I have a bias against DVD-A and should therefore not hang out here is ludicrous, and represents one of the big problems with our hobby: even the slightest criticism is perceived as an afront worthy of a duel.

I certainly have my preferences as to formats. However, the fact that I prefer analogue to digital doesn't mean I'm biased against DVD-A, and it certainly doesn't mean I'm one of the SACD fans coming here to rattle sabers. I listen to all of them, first because its about the MUSIC and then because I'm able.

If you would step back from your frustration over the moderator's decision, you might see how inherently destructive it is to suggest to someone who enjoys his music on DVD-A (me) that he should go elsewhere. This Forum needs to gain participants, not to chase them away. Your defensiveness and ZS's aggressiveness serve the former.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.