Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

HELL HAS FROZEN OVER!!!

I agree with KEKL.

Whether Dolby TrueHD or another DVD-based format will ever become a hi-res audio format offered in the marketplace is an open question....But it is a question that is of interest to me and clearly, to others who use this forum as a conduit for information about new technology. Yes this is a forum that has been set for discussion about DVD-A. However, there is little downside to broadening the scope of this forum and much upside. Let’s look at some of Racerguy’s complaints.

1) I don’t want to wade through lot of posts about video: This forum is pretty much dead. You have to go all the way back to September to get into Archived Post. I doubt anyone is going to be wading though anything.

2) These are video formats: At present that is correct. But they have a lot of potential for high resolution audio, Many DVD-A’s have bonus videos. Should we eliminate those DVD-A’s from discussion as well?

3) There are going to be format wars: This is unlikely. There aren’t any audio releases to fight over. The HDDVD/Blu-Ray Battle will be fought over in the Video forum. For audio these formats are about potential and it is that potential that many of us are interested in.

4) Where will those who want to discuss DVD-A go? This comment confuses me because I do not see how expanding the forum to include new DVD based formats prevents anyone from discussing DVD-A. No one has proposed deleting or limiting discussion about DVD-A. In fact everyone concerned would like to see more discussion about DVD-A

So how do you increase this discussion? By getting more people to participate in the forum! We might actually get some of the video guys, who are interested in these formats to join in discussions about the audio parameters. While they are here they may learn about and participate in discussions about DVD-A. A forum such as this is benefited by being inclusive – not exclusive.

I believe that Chris, the moderator, is a fair and honest guy. So far he has heard from one person on this issue. Racerguy has a strong opinion on this issue and while I respect his opinion; I disagree with it. If you disagree with him as I do, I suggest that you contact Chris directly, via e-mail, to register that disagreement.

I would also ask those who post on this forum to state whether they agree or disagree with KEKL’s assertion that its mission should be broadened to include all MLP-based audio formats.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.