Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Classic Records announces new HDAD Plus. Comments and a few questions.

Classic Records HDADs included DVD-Audio 24/192 on side one and DVD-Video 24/96 on side two. The plus also includes a CD version as a separate disc, difference in retail price $5.00.

As everyone knows I love this series of 192kHz recordings but I have no use for the CD version. And I can't imagine anyone not being able to at least play the DVD-Video side of a HDAD. I know some of you have CD players instead of Cassette players in your cars, so you may find a use there. But my question is it worth an extra $5.00 for the CD to be included? Retail will be $24.99 versus $19.99.

I am up in the air about it. At $20 for 192kHz DVD-Audio versus $30 for the 200 Gram LP, I go for the 50% savings every time, as these are very close in sound quality to the Vinyl LP. But with a difference of only $5.00 should I get the 192kHz HDAD + CD or the 200 Gram LP? I have no use whatsoever for the CD included as I have a high quality cassette deck in my car.

My DVD-Audio is the Toshiba SD-5700 and my turntable is the Music Hall mmf-5. Any thoughts on what I should do?

Here is a link describing the process and titles.

Thanks,
Teresa

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - Classic Records announces new HDAD Plus. Comments and a few questions. - Teresa 20:30:30 05/29/06 (12)

You can not post to an archived thread.