Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: Sad.

"OK, I'm tired of you now, and I have better things to do."

Typical, thanks for remaining true to form. Your argument dries up due to your poor grasp of the technologies involved and you bail.

"You see, despite your ridiculous claim that I made "statements of fact," I made it clear all along that I was approximating using Meridian's numbers, not using something I pulled out of my ass like you did."

I'm sorry, but you need to re-read your messages. You were "quite sure" that the list of audio tracks Teresa posted would not go on a DualDisc, but you're now telling us you were "approximating". So far from being "quite sure", quite the contrary, you don't know, especially as you have demonstrated a misunderstanding about disc file sizes and seem incapable of calculating basic PCM space requirements.

As for "pulling things out of my ass" (how old are you, about ten?) the typical compression ratio for MLP is clearly stated in their documentation. If we're going to "guess" at at the amount of compression applied, then it should be the basis for that guess, not either ends of the range. Your worst-case scenario is just as misleading as someone saying MLP "might" compress the Zappa disc by 90%.

"Oh, I see. You were the one who clearly stated that everything on the disc would fit on a DualDisc. You were quite adamant about that. You said, "FYI you can get all of the above onto a DualDisc...." Now you're backpedaling, and saying there isn't room for the disc's contents on a DualDisc."

Oh dear. Now I understand your problems. 1) you can't read 2) you take statements out of context.

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/dvda/messages/24745.html

You (and Teresa) wrote:

"What Teresa listed won't fit.
DVD-Audio 96kHz 24 Bit Multi-Channel 5.1 Surround playable on any DVD-Audio player.
DTS 96kHz 24 Bit Multi-Channel 5.1 Surround playable on any DVD-Video with a DTS decoder.
DVD-Video 96kHz 24 Bit 2 Channel Stereo playable on any DVD-Video or DVD-Audio player."

I said it would. And it will. If you can see anything in that above paragraph about lots of extras, then you really do need help.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.