Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

just checked on the web site

it's "pixel-based motion adaptive", *not* motion compensated. pity. they do go down to the resolution of 1 pixel though, which is better than most (nvidia for example works on blocks of pixels - i can actually see the blocks on the screen on certain scenes).

*** to dismiss a noise reduction algorithm without seeing it in action is a bit disappointing ***

i wasn't dismissing it, just saying i can live without it - not the same thing. i'm a "purist", remember? :-)

*** it becomes a moot point as to whether it is compensated or adaptive as they are very good results. ***

now who is dismissing technology without seeing it in action? :-)

i *have* seen proper motion compensation in both spatial and temporal domains, and believe me it makes a big difference :-) teranex themselves have a white paper on it, pity they haven't implemented it in HQV :-(

*** Algolith product does the best job, with the HQV right behind ***

Algolith uses the Silicon Optix HQV chipset.

*** You don't realize how annoying all the noise is in DVD-Video until someone removes it. ***

Except when the noise is *intentional*, in which case it's downright annoying that an algorithm has reversed a creative decision. i can think of a few titles offhand that falls into this category ...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.