Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: Psst, 9fold....,

I realize your concerns about splitting the boards; however, the thought process was not as you've surmised. Unfortunately, there's no perfect way to do this. Hi-Rez Highway has been around for a long time, changing the name is confusing and affects a lot of software. It's a lot easier to leave the name and redefine the topic. As to how to split it, there was simply no way to do it and please everyone, so we took the option that reflected the majority opinion.

Now, why did we decide to split the boards? Sure, the moderation issues were a factor, but not an overwhelming one. We do try to take a hands off approach as much as possible, so just cracking down is not an option that we like. However, those issues were only a part of the story. In the past, we've split off many, many forums. We do that because of three reasons: 1) The board grows too fast and is too active, 2) A large number of posts center on a specific sub-topic and 3) Specialty groups and less activity promote a better sense of community. I believe that we can agree that Hi-Rez was so active that topics simply disappeared to quickly to allow for thoughtful and lengthy discussions. That high level of activity was also affecting the sense of community.

As to where to talk about Universal players, take your pick. While that creates a small dilema, it's not uncommon. We have 3 tube boards, Tubes, SET and Tube DIY. The problem is the same and it hasn't been a problem. People pick the board where they feel most comfortable, know the inmates the best and feel is most appropiate for their purpose. If your primary concern is DVD-A performance, post about Universal players on DVD. If not, post on Hi-Rez or even Digital if redbook is a driving concern. I think we can all deal with a certain amount of crossover. However, from what I see, much of the discussion lies in the area of new releases and from that perspective, the split around technology seems to be working quite well.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Psst, 9fold...., - Rod M 08:20:58 02/01/03 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.