Home DVD-Audiobahn

New DVD-Audio music releases and talk about the latest players.

Re: Psst, 9fold....,

Sorry, Rod. Just calling it as I have seen it. I will tone it down, however, as I can convey this point of view with more tact.

While I'm here, I still don't like the idea of the hi-rez formats being split up. If it had been done at the beginning, it might have have been a good idea (it might not have as discussion of the two formats can be productive). My issue is that the split was done later on for the wrong reason. It was felt that separating folks was the best way to clean things up. That makes no sense. I will say, however, that things have not been as messy as perhaps many of us thought they would be since the split. I attribute that to many folks being challenged to behave. In any event, I still feel the split is wrong. What you, Chris, and any others involved should be striving for is one board for discussion of DVD-Audio and SACD (including universal players!) that is well monitored and that demands high level discussions. Sorry, but you guys took the easy way out by splitting the board.

As far as I am concerned, DVD-Audio is a high-resolution format, so discussions on DVD-Audio most certainly belong on the Hi-Rez Highway. The name "Hi-Rez Highway" in no way conveys a limit of discussion to SACD.

Finally, I will ask that many others have asked. Where should I post questions about universal players? Should I post them in both places? What a pain in the ass! If I post my questions on just one board, I might not get a full analysis of the player, as the DVD-Audio board will likely favor discussion of DVD-Audio playback capability. The same is likely for the Hi-Rez Highway with SACD.

If you look at the hi-rez marketplace, a growing number universal players are being released. For some companies, a universal player is their only foray into the world of hi-rez audio, and rightfully so. How ironic that at a time when universal players are beginning to occupy a significant plot on the hi-rez audio landscape that this site splits discussion of the two formats. Of course, as I said, this split had nothing to do with audio. There is a reason this site is called the Asylum.

:o(

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Psst, 9fold...., - 9fold 04:47:17 02/01/03 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.