Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Michael Hedges?

Love his guitar work and had the opportunity to experience him live on several occasions! Oops, wrong Michael. :)

Perhaps as JA seems to find, there is apparently difficulty associating an increase in distortion with perceived sound quality. One cannot find any such mention of such issues in this review of a two way Monitor Audio speaker. Excerpts from your conclusion:

" The ribbon tweeter and woofer are proprietary designs that are merged together splendidly...

Other strengths include a high level of transparency and detail along with super-extended highs that are effortless and clean. The sense of spaciousness these speakers can convey is awesome."

Despite those favorable comments, the THD curve is indeed much higher at the bottom of the tweeter's range.

Do you know of their current CP-IW460X suffers any issues with its three way design passing over to the ribbon at 3 kHz?

Admittedly, the speakers I've auditioned and found to be excellent run the ribbon tweeters above around 6 kHz.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.