Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Comparisons/Marketing/Etc.

I would like to report on something our club did about 4 months ago. It is the River City Audio Society in San Antonio Texas. I purchased a Meridian Explorer2 with MQA decoding. I then went to The 2L Audio testbench and downloaded 12 tracks both in 16/44 and MQA. Both are derived from the same DXD master.. At our meeting we had about 20 people and set up a system with B&W speakers and Audio Research tube integrated amps. The files were played from JRiver 21 on a Macbook Pro. I simply would play the 16/44 file followed by the MQA file and then asked for opinions. After all the tracks were played the results were as follow. 5 out of 20 felt they heard differences but they were small . 15 people said they heard no difference in any of the comparisons. Of the 5 who heard something the term natural came up the most. I do want to say that the 2L files are so good it is hard to hear differences among any of the different different formats they offer. I am still waiting for streaming so I have a lot more music available to listen to.
Alan

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.