Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: How do YOU feel about MQA?

Hi Doug:

What you detail above, the over top, (to the point of absurdity), raving about MQA by the press, in show demos carefully controlled by Meridian, is what set off many in the online world on a negative trip. Now, we are hearing the same "wait a second, let's look behind the curtain" process from a member of the press, which is refreshing.

And, the constantly changing stories..for downloads and streaming, then just for streaming, for the remastering process, now no remastering needed, then we hear about thousands of albums from the Warner catalog batch converted on the fly.

The whole thing seems rather odd. And their a myriad of other concerns as well.

Take a look at the DSD hype from back in 2013..now that we know there will never be downloadable content, users are told they can upsample their PCM files with software to make that DSD light up on their DACs..the one they were told they HAD to upgrade to, or be left behind.

My bet is that there will be an MQA on the fly processor sooner than later to make the MQA light up..on that new DAC...

Edits: 10/26/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.