Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Mercman's Playback Designs review

I appreciate your comments concerning my recent review for AudioStream.

I'll be honest with you - I like the way I presented the information on these Playback Designs products and wouldn't change it; especially your request to provide a rationalization of why I am reviewing these components that I find unnecessary.

Playback Designs is a well known and highly regarded manufacturer. While they have updated (software) their current product line, the Sonoma Series represents a totally new product offering for this company.

Playback Designs' reference to wine is significant since they partnered with a winery and provide a bottle of wine with the Syrah and the Merlot. I felt I should discuss that and print Andreas' feelings concerning this subject.

The physical description of the product does matter to a number of potential buyers given the cost of the Server and DAC, as well as the pride of ownership issue.

In every review I write, I try to get the designers to discuss questions I present to them concerning the design of the products. This information is often not found on their web sites.

Michael Lavorgna is the editor and brains behind AudioStream. I think he does a wonderful job reviewing and presenting news worthy information concerning computer audio. I'm sorry that you don't feel the same.

Edits: 06/20/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.