Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: soundstaging

This is embarrassing. I've lived in NYC for over thirty years but I've only been to one of those rooms - Carnegie Hall. The last time was a Keith Jarrett Trio concert, close to the rear of the hall and to the side. The sound was as you describe, though still enjoyable. At least it was until Keith began a rant about some audience members taking photos and threatened to walk off the stage. It was still a great show.

I see your point, at least partially. All these spaces sound different, which is to be expected. What I think I hear you saying is that in some venues a soundstage is discernible, in others it is not. It also sounds like that's something that's meaningful for you in its effect on a live performance. That you're a long-time Spica TC-50 user says something about how you feel about listening to recorded performances as well. Having lived with that same speaker myself I understand that very well. I love them. I'm using something different now but that doesn't change my affection for them or my unwillingness to ever sell them.

Thanks for the great post.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.