Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Been over a week since anyone has started...

Musetap:I'll bite.First post although I joined quite a while ago to bitch about something Fremer wrote (didn't follow up) and I've read AA daily for at least ten years. And I've enjoyed it. My foul mood started earlier when I tried to talk to a customer service rep from Ebay who spoke some unknown language. Then the mail came. Mostly junk mail including Stereophile. I opened it up and the table of contents listed only four reviews! One was of am amp I never heard of, written by a guy I've never heard of that apparently uses a shipping container (12x10x12H) as a listening room. Incidentally the importer was Tone Imports that gets more space in the rag than Sam gave Music Fidelity. And the Atkinson repeats his mantra of I am not a crook. Another thing, no AD Listening column this month. It must be so because it's not listed in the table of contents. Art was my favorite writer until he lost his sense of humor a few years back. I miss Sam Tellig a lot too and I enjoy some of Dr. Rubinson's work. Hell, I even miss Marks. Well his writing. Now we have one phony hipster (guess) who replaced another. And Herb. I used to like Stereophile better than The Absolute Sound, mostly because of its personality. But give me Absolute Sound now anyday. I thought it was about reviewing lots of equipment to play our music (the emphasis is on our-not cloud crap or invisible files) I'm 69, love the Lamm/Nola/SME playing a $1.98 Beach Boys mono LP in the background and tiring of JA's corporate line. To me it's who will go first. JA or the rag. I know, I belong in Jurassic Park. Till we meet again.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.