Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Has anyone thought of making a movie out of this? Fascinating stuff. ;-). Nt

Considering the unfolding of events, the undercurrents at play and the ramifications in the long-term :

1/25/2016 - Mark Waldrep is admittedly ecstatic about his original report of the AQ YouTube video :
"I've been writing this blog for almost three years and have never had the kind of instant response as my piece revealing the fraud behind AudioQuest and their HDMI cables as represented in the YouTube video."

1/28/2016 - Stereophile posts AQ's William Low's Open Letter. Upon reading the Letter, I believe that AQ's response is so weak that it could be interpreted as damning a certain part of AQ's business practices. Also, by referencing the credibility of the audio industry in general, AQ attempts to draw into its predicament "the honorability of the industry in general." Mr Low says, "I'm sorry for all of us who care about our separate and collective credibility," as if the rest of the industry were under scrutiny as well.

Hence, Mark Waldrep would be Senator Jefferson Smith in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939); Mr Low would be Claude Rains' Senator Joseph Paine; and John Atkinson would be Harry Carey's President of the Senate, bringing down the Senate gavel on closure.

And to think I would never have known of all of this, but for the Stereophile post. The issue could have disappeared along with the YouTube video, had it not been rescued by the post.

Caveat : Please believe that my post is made entirely in jest. The characters and events portrayed in my post are fictitious. Any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, or to actual events is purely coincidental.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.