Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Good Form?

I'm 62 and I still thoroughly enjoy listening to; Magical Mystery Tour, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Abbey Road and some of The Beatles aka The White Album. Just like with Eagles' Hotel California recording I find many songs on these Beatles recordings to also have lyrics that are evocative, intelligent, and creatively expressed. I think there's many a great song on these recordings!

I'd say the same is true with the two 1967 releases of Are You Experienced and Axis Bold As Love by perhaps one of the greatest guitarists that ever existed, Jimi Hendrix! What about the 1969 release about a deaf, dumb, and blind boy that plays pinball? Surely The Who's Tommy had lyrics that are evocative, intelligent, and creatively expressed, right? IMHO David I agree 100% with Daniel there's many, many wonderful rock recordings from about 1967 on that anybody can still listen to and thoroughly enjoy the lyrics of these days! As I said earlier, I'm 62 and I still greatly enjoy these tunes and their lyrics to this day. And to that end...

I'm listening to: Tommy by The Who

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom)

Central Florida Audio Society -- SETriodes Group -- Space Coast Audio Society
Full-range/Wide-range Drivers --- Front & Back-Loaded Horns --- High Sensitivity Speakers

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.