Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: CES Retailer vs Absolute Sound

CES is pretty massive - it's very hard to cover every single room and certainly even more difficult to cover every single room with enough time to be truly credible in one's coverage of the room (which requires around 30 minutes to be able to listen to enough different music - as well as getting the previous room out of your head).

Further, I would not put too much stock in flyby assessments at an audio show - some of the rooms I didn't much care for at shows have been rather excellent in different situations. Indeed, some gear at one show I would have ranked bottom 5 - at a different show I scored top 5.

I understand manufacturer complaints - they pay rather big money for these rooms so they probably want some sort of return on the investment. But the idea of these shows is to attract "dealers" to want to carry your wares. If you want a review - ring up the magazines and ask to have your stuff reviewed.

There are lots of us reviewers out there at lots of magazines and I should think that sort of thing will be more lasting than a show report where gee the reviewer seems to like everything anyway.

Edits: 01/17/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: CES Retailer vs Absolute Sound - RGA 16:05:14 01/17/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.