Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Vacant and fake review-Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC

The latest issue of S'Phile arrived in my mailbox yesterday and I did my usual immediate glance at items under review in the introductory index at the front and there is a listing of the Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC phono cartridge. Not as a follow-up item but instead as a full review, but at page 136. So, having an interest in the cartridge (bought one and have not yet installed it), I immediately flip to page 136 which is near the end of the mag in the follow-up section pertaining to an Acoustic Signature tonearm follow-up but worse, there is a small box from Herb Reichert about the SS Zephyr that merely repeats the information available from the SS website and contains ZERO and I mean ZERO critical review commentary. Zilch, de nada, zippo, and bupkis. What utter BS is this? It's false and intentional fluffing of the items under review. This practice has been evolving from mild to moderate to this-the most extreme fluffing of the items under review possible other than skipping any reference to the product at all. C'mon John-stop this amateurish nonsense!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - Vacant and fake review-Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC - FSonicSmith 09:04:30 01/13/16 (11)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.