Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: "A reviewer can omit or minimize shortcomings or problems"

Bad equipment is no bargain at any price. Agreed. But very fine equipment can be a bargain at a discount especially if it can be returned for a full refund at a future date as JA has pointed out it sometimes can be for insiders. So a very expensive loudspeaker such as YG Sonja 1.1 versus 1.3 or Wilson Alexandria II versus III can have a review of its first version praise it to the skies only for the reader to find that not only is the successive version substantially better but the improvements are to shortcomings that were either omitted or dismissed as not significant in the earlier review. So what is a multi-millionaire to do when he finds his high end speaker he bought just a week ago after mulling it over for a long time has been eclipsed by the newer version that fixes all of the less than perfect attributes in the prior version he just bought but he didn't know about or were not considered important? Fortunately I don't have that problem. I buy the used equipment at a substantial discount when the prior owners take a loss because they have to get rid of them to make space for the new stuff. I have a policy though, I don't buy any audio equipment I can't lift. Sorry YG and Wilson, you're just too heavy. Could you figure out how to make them say about 40 or 50 pounds? Put them on some sort of diet.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: "A reviewer can omit or minimize shortcomings or problems" - MarkJohns 18:33:27 11/23/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.