Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

RE: Curious

The measurements leave a lot to be desired and are not nearly as much as I would like but they are better than nothing. Do amplifiers that perform well on bench tests and look almost textbook perfect necessarily sound the same or perform well in the real world? Not necessarily. What happens when you hook them up to e-stat speakers for example?

What about speakers? It's the same story. How many of them measure similarly in JA's (or someone else's) test reports and then sound very different? Even the same speakers can measure differently from one room to another in JA's reports. One important parameter I'd like to see that I think is important in woofers you don't see in his reports is low frequency THD. How much of that LF is real and how much of it is doubling? I still don't get a supposedly high fidelity loudspeaker system costing thousands of dollars that can't reproduce deep bass and needs an expensive subwoofer to supplement it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.