Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Component pricing in Stereophile

I just got through reading the headphone reviews of Audeze and Audioquest in the latest Stereophile issue and, for the life of me I can't find the price of the Nighthawk phones in the article. Usually the journalist puts the price in the "Specifications" bar, often at the beginning or end of the article. But there is nothing for the Nighthawks, although the author lists the price of interconnecting cable, amps and other associated equipment. One would think in this day and age, fundamental specs like the price of the damn thing should be in the article - especially when its being reviewed. I care far more about the price of the article being reviewed than all the mumbo jumbo associated equipment.

Heck, the only reason the price is listed for the Audeze is because the author apparently asked the vendor or distributor. Why wouldn't he ask for the Audioquest price? Yea, I can look it up, but shouldn't have to. I'm sure most will consider this a "little thing". But its aggravating to me, and often its the little things that differentiate class leading magazines from also-ran pubs.

Edits: 11/18/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Topic - Component pricing in Stereophile - rnhood 13:19:55 11/18/15 (63)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.