Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Stereophile Reviews Moot Points

Hi, I just read Decembers Stereophile.John Atkinson and Herb Reichert wrote reviews on 2 speaker systems.The YG Acoustics Carmel 2 and the GoldenEar Triton 5. Both reviews had there ups and downs about the 2 speaker systems, mostly favorable. But both men in 1 issue made all other critical reviews moot in my view. Why? They both stated that every speaker system performs differently with every different amplifier. There's a long list of good amps out there. So which one do you perform the test with? There are more reviewers opinions possible than the German Enigma machine had codes.This makes all the reviews a moot question unless 1 standard amp is used for all speaker reviews. John Atkinson liked a certain integrated amp over some heavy hitters in his review. John didn't name it unless you look carefully at (associated equipment).Primaluna should be dancing a jig!.....Herb Reichert concluded the amp/speaker miss match in his review. I changed the theme of my letter when I read the Golden Tritons Sandy Gross's letter to the editor. Those adjectives!,and Herb stated he was toning them down. What is a faux clarity in the Celetion SL-6? How about the quotidian and sublime. Herbs history of audio is superb as well as his honesty. Sometimes I think he has lived his dream of giant spliffs, over proof rum, and voodoo soceresses. I would not write if I had not read, and I read because I really like the mag. Now, what speaker should I use to audition an amp? Specs don't matter as in the Rossi integrated,right?....thanks for hearing me out....sincerely Mark Korda

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - Stereophile Reviews Moot Points - mark.korda@myfairpoint.net 07:36:29 11/15/15 (36)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.